Wednesday, July 6, 2016

What the what?

First of all, Happy 4th of July!  We spent a long weekend (5 days) in Seattle visiting a bunch of friends and had a blast.  The weather was cooler, there is tons of water (obviously), and we enjoyed delicious oysters and great craft beer.  Oh, and Blythe rocked some seriously cute red, white, and blue!
So much attitude these days. I love it (I know I won't when she is 16).
Second, my body is doing some crazy things lately.  I have been feeling better (as I said in my last post). I saw my OB to talk HRT on 6/28.  We developed a plan, talked next steps, and I promptly came back to work and got my period.  She also re-ran my FSH since I was feeling better and it was 7.7.

7.7!  From 59.

This swing fits with what every doctor has said to me - DOR/POF is unpredictable.  I could have these swings regularly, it could have been the miscarriage, they just don't know.  So, we'll see. In the meantime, I feel better.  I'm less irritable, I feel positive again, I'm less snappy (poor R), and I just feel like me.  I can't ask for much more than that.  For now, we will hold off on HRT and see what happens.

11 comments:

  1. What a cutie! And, I'm glad you are feeling better and more like yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blythe is beautiful. Love the outfit and that you had a great time.
    Glad your FSH numbers are looking better and that you are feeling better. I can't even remember what normal numbers are supposed to be but I'm sure I'll get a refresher as we are back into the test gauntlet. Sigh.

    Just curious: I was told hormone replacement therapy would cause infertility. That ruled it out for me at least till complete menopause. Did you have different information?

    Hope your summer continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't had mine run in ages until this past month. Anything under 10 is considered normal range.

      That is not what I've been told about HRT. If your body isn't creating the estradiol and progesterone that it ought to be to have normal cycles, low dose HRT merely replaces what you otherwise would be creating yourself. There are stories all over the internet (and I heard from my OB and RE) that you can get pregnant on HRT and it does happen. The odds aren't great, but I don't think they are any worse than they are in general for DOR/POF/POI women. Happy to share more via e-mail if you want.

      A few links: http://www.endocrineonline.org/page0/
      http://mybumovaries.blogspot.com/2013/01/getting-pregnant-with-pof.html

      Delete
    2. Thanks for replying! I forgot to come back and check till now but I will ask my doctor about this subject again when I see him for my physical and my fertility Dr next month. It does seem like low dose might even increase chances since hormones would not be so crazy.

      Delete
  3. She is adorable!
    The numbers going up and down must be so weird. I'm glad you are feeling better, and if it helps the hormone levels, all the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We think she's pretty cute :) And yes, it is weird. I probably won't have then run again for awhile. It doesn't really change anything.

      Delete
  4. Hi there - just found your blog! I was diagnosed with POF in November 2015 after going off birth control in January of 2015 and only having two cycles the entire year. I am getting ready to go into my first IUI / IVF cycle (not sure which it will be yet - will see how my body reacts to the meds) and I'm blogging about the whole journey on my blog itonlytakes1egg.wordpress.com. Wishing you lots of luck as you try to conceive again. POF is the worst diagnosis ever but I'm so comforted by talking with other people going through the same thing as me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found me and I'll head over to your blog shortly. POF is a terrible diagnosis. I, too, found it comforting to find others online (and elsewhere) who understood and can relate and offer support. Let me know how I can help!

      Delete
  5. Such a fun weekend! That sucks with your up and down numbers. I have DOR, but have only been tested once (we were successful with donor eggs).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on your success and thanks for commenting. Yes, the up and down numbers are psychologically tough, but I'm trying (trying) not to dwell on them too much. We'll see.

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS