Wednesday, April 23, 2014

IVF #1 Protocol

I'm waiting (endlessly waiting...) for my cycle to end so I can start the BCP and get ready for our first round of IVF.  We met with the RE last week to discuss my protocol and I am doing the Antagonist / Saizen Protocol with Menopur, Saizen and Follistim.  We'll lead into the cycle with down regulation on the BCP for approximately 2 weeks. Does anyone have experience with this protocol?  Particularly anyone with DOR?

Given my history of clotting, I'll also have my Lovenox dosing closely monitored.  My last two cycles since we lost L have been totally out of whack (really long - 43 days).  I'm thinking that in addition to stress, the Lovenox might be messing with my cycles?  Has anyone had trouble with longer cycles while on Lovenox?  Prior to L, I had regular 28-29 day cycles naturally.

Also, can I again just express my frustration at how long this process takes.  When my cycle finally comes, I then have my period for 3 days and then start the BCP for at least another two weeks and THEN we can start the stimulation meds.  I need to find a few new hobbies to really tackle in the next 6 weeks or I might lose my mind.  Or maybe just another new show (I'm currently speeding my way through Scandal).

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your baby L. TTC after loss is a crappy experience anyway, without the agony of infertility thrown in. I'm so sorry that it has to be this hard. Here's hoping you are on the road to a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. I was struck by the things you're reading that are exactly what I read after losing Eliza! The essay on Cup of Jo is new, obviously. I thought it was great. I remember hearing about An Exact Replica... On npr when I was pregnant with Eliza and thinking I would read it after she was safely here because I didn't want to freak myself out. Anyway, thinking of you and wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brooke. I was just looking at your blog to see what other books/articles you had read. I read An Exact Replica the first week home from the hospital... I was just desperate to not feel so alone. I love your blog by the way - thanks for commenting here.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry about the loss of your baby L. Wishing you much peace and luck in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Monique, I really appreciate it. I'm hoping for a little luck, too...

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS